Monday, October 19, 2020

Weekend accomplishments

I didn't get as much done as I wanted this weekend; I was tired. Here is what is did get done. I wanted a nicer bag to keep my counted cross stitch project in so I made this mesh bag. I used some leftover fiberglass screen. I dug around and found some double bfold bias stape to cover the seams. This will be so much better than a plastic bag.
Friday afternoon while I was waiting for my oil change, I walked up the street to Michael's and picked up the floss colors I didn't have for that Xmas stocking.  I got the skeins wound on the plastic holders and now everything is all nicely held in the new bag.
I also got started on quilting the 2010 quilt. I needed more colors of pearl cotton Size 12 so I got those ordered this morning.  I have a lot of Size 8 pearl cotton, but it is just too heavy to quilt with on a cotton quilt.  It might work with a linen quilt.   
In my walks around the neighborhood I have been seeing a lot of Halloween decorations. Here is a short video of one house with a very cool animated dragon
One door down from the dragon is the spider house. That moving spider is big!
Then there are several houses that have blowup charaters. Here is one. Seeing all the displays makes my walks more interesting!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm going to miss seeing yard decorations this year. that bag is a great idea.
xx, Carol

swooze said...

Haha at my age the scariest part of all that is the uneven sidewalk!!

barbara woods said...

loved your videos