Friday, October 16, 2020

A finished project

I finished stitching the sampler. It still needs to be hand washed and pressed so it can be framed. I did use dsome artisticic license. Can you figure out what doesn't belong?   I started working on this August 21st with only a little bit being done at that time.
I dug around to find what hand sewing project to work on next. I have this piece that I had planned to submit to the Akron Art Prize, but that event fell apart. I still want to complete this. It is all free motion machine quilted so I had gotten started on embroidering it.  The t-shirts are from my brother who toured with Jimmy Buffett for 3 1/2 years. 
Another hand sewing project that needs done is this small  47.5" X 64.5" piece I made for an on-line event that I can't remember now. I am glad I pieced the year right into the front!  It is made with my own hand dyed fabrics in colors that are not my go to colors at all. It is time to get it done.  It has been basted for awhile so it is ready to go.   I may switch back and forth between the two projects as  I can embroider when my fingers are too sore to hand quilt.
Thank goodness it is Friday. I plan on working on the two pink baby quilts this weekend. The weather is forecasted to be nice and just right for doing some work in the yard. I have mulch to spread and cleaning up in the flower beds. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh my, I LOVE the piece made with your hand dyed fabrics and the numbers look so good with the "weighted" lowers. How cool your brother traveled with Jimmy Buffet....he must have some great memories and stories!

Kathy S. said...

What an awesome memory of the Jimmy Buffet years! I love how you are embroidering around the blocks. Very cool. The special dyed fabrics add that personal touch to it. Awesome work!