Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Progess on the 2010 quilt

I finished quilting this section of the 2010 quilt. I am quilting by eye so there will be some variance in the size of the space between the rows of stitiching which I am fine with.
I also got that long brown strip done.
For the green area I used DMC pearl cotton size 8. It is a bit harded to use - it is harder to thread the needle, harder to pull the thread thru when burying knots. It is what I had so that is what I used. The brown area was quilted in size 12 which is much easier to quilt with.    I had a odd tan color with a lot of orange undertone, but it looked ok against the brown. I have more size 12 coming because the colors I have are not what I want to use. JoAnn's shows size 12 on thier website, but they have none in stock so I had to go to ebay to get a few more colors.
Here is a picture of the road that runs back to where I work. It is one of those side roads for a small industrial park so there is not much traffic. It is about 3/4 of a mile round trip with a little bit of  a hill next to the adjoining country road.
I did get a few rows of the darker pink quilt sewn together, had to roast some veggies for lunch today, and did some dishes. My eveings sure go by fast.

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Nice stitching on your top!

Frog Quilter said...

Nice stitching!!!

swooze said...

Looking good! Are you walking that road on lunch breaks?

barbara woods said...

I know, and I like to sit down about 9 and unwind a bit by reading till bedtime