Monday, October 26, 2020

A busy weekend

I went on a road trip on Saturday. I picked up a couple family members and headed to a quilt shop. I needed some fabric for lining some boxy pouches that one of the fellows at work would like to buy.
Then we picked out some Halloween fabric so I could make them a pillowcase.
Found these yellow and pink fabrics on the sale shelf. These will make good backs for baby quilts.
These three fabrics were on the six dollar a yard sale shelf. I love the leaf print, the music notes is a cute fabric, and I just had to have the black and cream button fabric.
I found this dark gray fabric which I needed for that disappearing nine patch quilt.
After the quilt shop we headed to the next stop which was the meat market in the town where I use to live. They had chicken and filet mingon on sale so I bought  some of each and put it on ice in the car. I have my pictures out of order here. Next we went to Wather's museum and walked the grounds. We also visited the button house - pictures after the trail ones.  Once we got back from Sugarcreek - I went there for spices and nuts -  we took a walk on a couple  different trails. It was only 49 degrees, but that meant there were not many people out and we pretty much had the trials to ourselves. The second trail we went on was at Ft. Laurens.
Here are a few pictures inside the button house. The button house is not heated and over the years the cardboard that they were orginally mounted on deteriorated. The buttons have all been remounted and look beautiful!
I did get most of the fabric washed including that pink print which I used as the backing on the dark pink 16-patch quilt. I have enough for the light pink quilt too . The dark pink quilt is pin basted.
I got the fabric cut for the boxy pouches and had enough interfacing for only four pouches. So now I have to get more interfacing.   Ugh!

6 comments:

swooze said...

Looks like you had fun. Love the button collection. You got some good deals on your fabric. I’m still shuffling my fabric so have no desire to buy any more!

Cherie in St Louis said...

What a great selection of fabrics you found...and some good sales prices to boot! I love the button displays! I never new Cracker Jacks had buttons as the prize.....learn something new everyday!

barbara woods said...

I love to shop for fabric but as Tommy says "you have more fabric than Walmart"

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You got some good buys on the fabric. I like that leaf print too.

Our good days for walking outside are only occasional now. We have had drizzle a couple days, not my choice for walking.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You got a nice selection of fabric. The Button House looks like a fun place to visit. Who doesn't like buttons!
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

It sounds like a GREAT weekend!