Monday, October 5, 2020

14th finish for 2020

I finished quilting this quilt on Saturday then got the binding sewn on. Another one for the stash. It is 40" x 48".
I went to a birthday gathering on Sunday so I whipped out a couple of pillowcases made with Happy Birthday fabric.   There was only a couple people there and I wore my mask the whole time. 
While it was nice outside I harvested some seeds off the mairgold plants. I have a variety of colors. I like these varigated flowers, but I will also havest some of the yellow ones. I am going to try and keep them seperate so I can be more selective about color placement. 
I also made the birthday cake for the party. I made a peanut butter cake with Swiss buttercream salted caramel icing. Oh the icing was so good! It was hard to not eat the icing by the spoonful!  The combination of the icing with the peanut butter cake was very tasty!  the recipe has you make your own caramel sauce which was easy to make.  I used 1/2 cup in the icing and most of the rest went on the cake.  This was the first time I had ever made Swiss buttercream and I am so pleased it turned out good.
xx xx

5 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

congrats on 14 finishes this year so far!! that is awesome - and it is a lovely quilt! but that cake... yummmmmm

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love that new quilt! The cake looks and sounds yummy!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Okay, adding baker to the list of Patty's expertise ;-) The cake looks delicious!!! And you just whipped up those darling pillowcases. I'm such a slacker compared to you.

Vicki W said...

Good job on the quilt! Someone will love it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OOO that cake looks good. I'm waiting for our kitchen remodel to bake. The stove that came with the house is **** and burns the bottom of everything. At least it will be stared and completed by Christmas. Everyone loves to get pillow cases.
xx, Carol