Monday, October 12, 2020

Blocks are made

I got all the blocks made so next I will be sewing this top together.
Here is the progress on the sampler. I circled the area in green that I have gotten done since I posted this last.
Saturday there were lots of deer visiting my backyard. There was one doe who had three fawn with her. They were smaller than fawn usually are this time of year so they must have been tiny when they were born.
I did a couple of hours of weeding and trimming, then mowed the front and side yards. The back hasn't grown much since we have not had any rain for a while. Laundry and household chores filled up the rest of my weekend.

6 comments:

Kathy S. said...

City deer!!! They are fun to watch. Glad you got a lot of work done. It won't be long until your pink quilt is done as well. Have a great day.

Vicki W said...

Looks like a lovely weekend. We've had lots of deer hanging around too.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I so like how this turned out using all the dark pinks! and your deer - what a fun sight!

barbara woods said...

sounds like my weekend , a little sewing and house work

Ann said...

Congrats on continuing progress on your quilts and the sampler. I haven't made one of those is years - since just after college graduation, in fact.
Deer are darling but they always eat my "best" plants instead of the weeds.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your pink blocks look great together. I haven't seen deer yet here on the mountain. Perhaps because there are so many darned coyote. Corey finally shot of a gunshot early this morning to shoo them off. Our guard dog was barking constantly and Terry and I actually heard the coyote cries so they must have come pretty close to the house. We've been seeing Bobcat too. I guess they all want the chickens.
Be well and be safe.
xx, Carol