Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Finally sewn together

I was so tired last evening, but I forced myself to finish sewing together the light pink 16 patch quilt top. I am glad to finally have this top sewn together.
I was up early enough this moring to make a batch of buttermilk biscuits. I needed to use up the buttermilk I had left from that peanut butter cake I made. Biscuits don't take long to make and the house smelled so good.
When I walk at work I pass by several ponds. The land is low so the ponds catch all the rainwater runoff. This is the biggest one and the Canadian goose spend a good time of the year here raising their young. Yesterday when I walked I didn't see any. These pictures were taken last week. I wish I had a pond to look at where I live.  If you look close you can see a few bird in the background. 

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I was thinking about you today while I was doing clothing repairs for my husband!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The pink quilt is pretty! I was awakened to honking Canadian geese flying overhead this morning.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your blocks look great. I must admit that I don't miss Canadian Geese much! Maybe when we FINALLY get our new kitchen I will make biscuits again that don't come in a roll!
xx, Carol