Friday, October 9, 2020

Cutting scraps

I was tired last night, but I still managed to cut a few strips for the additional 17 blocks I need for the dark pink 16-patch top.
It was a beautiful evening and since I have one last zucchini growing I decided to give the plant a big drink of water. Maybe with the  decent trmperatures and the water I will be able to get this zucchini big enough to use. We hadn't had rain in a while.
I decided to water the plants out front too. The lavender is still blooming and bees were everywhere.
The marigolds are loaded with flowers and buds. I bet the water will help the buds open up.
I am glad it is Friday. I already have a list of things to do for the weekend. Saturday is forecasted to be nice and we might get rain on Sunday so if I am going to mow I had better do that on Saturday. At least the daytime temps are going to be warm. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Fall has such perfect weather for working outside. I hope you get that last zucchini. It's windy here today but will be hot so the combination should be comfortable.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your plants are still pretty. By this time of October back in Indiana I was just OVER working in the garden. We still have roses blooming here! It's crazy. No rain since we have been here. None in the forecast either.
xx, Carol