Wednesday, September 30, 2020

The next baby quilt

I got started on another baby quilt that was already pin basted. I found some pink quilting thread that looks good with these fabrics. I am glad to have a stash of baby quilts because I am going to be switching projects soon.  I have been asked to make a t-shirt quilt for a Christmas present and I still need to get going on that disappearing nine patch quilt.  Since I have these two projects to do having the stash will be handy in case any more babies show up in the next few months.
Here are my marigolds that I started from seed. They have really grown! I noticed I need to deadhead them.
Lastly, here is a volunteer lavender plant that I found in the garden on July 31st.
Look how it has grown! It even has bloomed. Lavender plants are not cheap so this is like getting a free one!
xx

2 comments:

barbara woods said...

You have a green thumb, mine is black!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

wow that is a lot of Marigolds. I think I have to plant some of them next year. I bet the deer don't like the smell of them.