Tuesday, September 22, 2020

I'm fixing a hole ...

in my bosses work pants. She has a couple pair of older Carhartt work pants that have holes in the knees. She has a tendency to trip on stuff and fall down every once in awhile thus the holes in the knees.  These pants are really well made!  Look at the seams.  There is no way to take the seams apart and the pants are lined with flannel that is seamed the same way.  The flannel lining is sewn into the hems and the waistband.  On top of that they are a size 4!  It was all I could do to get my arm up the leg!
Here is the hole I fixed. Yes, it had to be done by hand.
She had previously repaired a hole. I thought about ripping it out and fixing it, but I didn't.
I have another pair to fix and they are older so I wanted to play around and do something fun. I had saved a picture of a model wearing a pair of jeans with embroidery on them and always loved the way it looked so I decide to fancy these work pants up. I got started last night and love the way it is looking on this leg.   The purple is my marking pen.
The other knee has a bigger hole which will make it easier to do the embroidery because I stick my finger thru the hole so I don't stitch the lining.

1 comment:

Vicki W said...

Icky job but you are, at least, making it fun!