Monday, September 28, 2020

13th finish for 2020 and pants are done

Here is another finished baby quilt. The binding is pimento, a deep orange. It is 40" x 48".
I got the pants finished too! I am happy with how they turned out. I could have spent many more hours embroidering them, but I am not sure that would have been the best use of my time. I think they are cute the way they turned out.  I will hand them off sometime this week and will let you know what the lady thought of my fix.
Here is my pile of baby quilts. I need to take them to work so a lady can pick one for a baby shower gift. There are 13 or14 in this pile. My brother needs one also for a friend who just had a baby boy.  See - it doesn't take long and that pile will dwindle!
I was tired on Sunday from all the walking I did Friday and Saturday, so I just sat and embroidered for a few hours. Here is what the sample looks like now.

7 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

What a cool baby quilt - the binding color is perfect for it! love the pants!!

Frog Quilter said...

Great finishes. Your needle work is fabulous!!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Embroidery is nice quiet therapy and a rest for a tired body. I have my dishcloth knitting for the same purpose.

Vicki W said...

I love how the pants turned out and that orange binding on the baby quilt is perfect! Your friend is going to love the pants!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I need to divest myself of some older quilts. I just hate to let them go! Love the stitching. Mi miss being able to see

Cherie in St Louis said...

What a creative solution you came up with for the larger hole repair! I love the fern like curls you embroidered....just lovely!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Wow you have a nice supply of baby quilts. Your stitching is coming along nicely.
xx, Carol