Wednesday, September 16, 2020

A bit of sewing, a lot of yard work

Last evening I only had a small amount of time to sew. I did get four rows of blocks sewn together on the pink quilt top.

At lunchtime I worked on that sampler. The arrows are pointing to the lettering I have gotten done since the last time I posted a picture of this.

After work I noticed the grass needed mowed - AGAIN! I had just mowed it Friday, but with the rain we received Sunday morning and the cooler temps, the grass has gone crazy! I didn't have to mow the back, just the front and one of the side yards. I got the front done and part of the side yard when the battery ran out on the mower - I had forgot to charge it up before I decided to mow - so I trimmed a bit while I waited for the mower battery to charge up enough I could finish the side yard. After that I decided to pull a few weeds since it as cool out. After pulling a 5 gallon bucket of weeds I called it a day.

Earlier in the day I got a text from my sister. Remember this cross stitch stocking I said I started and never finished?
Well, I found the chart for the stocking, but the color key was cut off! What was I thinking? LOL!!
This stocking was in the Sept/Oct 1987 premier issue of Cross Stitch & Country Crafts Magazine. I looked around on ebay and told my sister about my problem. If I never found the color key it wouldn't be the end of the world and I wouldn't have to finish it! Win, win! Well, my sister told me to give her some time and she would look thru the magazines she had and wouldn't you know it she had that magazine so now I guess I have to finish it.

This is what the stocking will look like when it is done.

3 comments:

swooze said...

Girl I probably have that magazine! I’m sure you’d have gotten lots of offers!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I only made one of those full cross stitch stocking for my first grandchild. After that they got cross stitch cuffs and the last ones got machine embroidery. I know you will have fun stitching it even though it will take awhile.

Roxanne said...

Ha! I’m another one that might have had that. I used to cross stitch in the 80s but wasn’t really interested in picking it up again. Then I read that new charts were different—no partial x stitches and no outlining. Pretty revolutionary!