Monday, September 14, 2020

16 patch tops

I got the mowing done on Friday night so I could spend the rest of the weekend working on those 16 patch blocks. I got that baby quilt top sewn together - the picture is kind of dark.

Then I started sewing together all the pieces for more blocks. Here are 79 blocks sewn together. This is all those trays of pieces I showed a few posts ago. Now I have something to work with!

Here is the completed top out of the tan and yellow patches

Then I laid out 30 of the pink blocks for this top

Lastly I took whatever blocks I had left and laid them out. I am not crazy about this. I had bought a few yards more of different pinks a few weeks ago, so I could make a few more blocks with the darker pink and a few with the lighter pinks and end up with two more quilt tops.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your productivity put me to shame! 😁 That yellow /tan one is lovely.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The 16 patches are so much fun. I'm enjoying your journey through this latest group of blocks.