Thursday, February 8, 2024

Still quilting, cross stitch progess and amaryllis

I am now 77% done with quilting the I Spy quilt! Getting close to being done! I need to figure out what fabric to use for the binding.
I worked on the Kathy Barrick cross stitch a bit yesterday. It is close to being done. I need to fill in the stripes in the basket/pot, fill in the bird's wing, add a needle, and add thread coming off the spools. It has been a pretty quick stitch. I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, so I think I will save the stripes to stitch while I wait.
The amaryllis is blooming like crazy now. Here is what it looked like Wednesday and what it looks like now.
The weather has been beautiful here. This is more like April than February. It got up to 55 degrees in NE Ohio and the sun was shining. Today and tomorrow partly cloudy with a high of 57 degrees.

3 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

It's good to have fill in work when waiting :). I notice you have weights to help keep your amaryllis upright. It might have been slow at the start but, wow, it's putting on a show now!

Vicki W said...

We've had some beautiful weather here too. You'll have that cute quilt done this weekend!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Amaryllis is a pretty color.
55 here too and then late afternoon it turned cloudy and dark and rain raced through. We didn't get much but there were tornado warnings not far from here.