Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Quilting, stitching, and a long day Monday.

I am now 50% done with quilting the I Spy quilt.
We had the yearly company meeting yesterday. The day was made a little less painful because I brought a cushion to sit on. The chairs are awful and the cushion helped so much! I didn't hurt by the end of the day!
Everyone got one of these
I started this on Saturday
and took it with me to stitch when I could on Monday. It's almost done.
I also took some knitting and got 10 rows done.
I finished stitching the variegated sampler this weekend. I plan on finishing into a flat fold. The fabric is a light pink color that just doesn't show up in photos.
The amaryllis is going gang busters now. Looks like I should have a flower soon! I received this a couple weeks before Xmas so it has been a long process up to this point.
At the meeting we had assigned seats. I was at a table with a five men and I only knew one of them. They gave us team building challenges which one of them included coloring. Glory be, what a waste!
The venue was closer to my house, but the food had a lot to be desired. At least the desserts were good. I forgot to take a picture of them. It was little bite sized cheesecakes and truffles. That was my lunch since what they had did not appeal to me at all. I got to leave at 3:15 and ended up talking to one of the ladies that works at the home office. She wanted to tell me about personal stuff that had been going on. She certainly has her hands full and I was glad to listen. I think that is what she really needed was someone to just listen.

4 comments:

Robbie said...

And I keep thinking I am so busy! HA HA You have me beat ten fold! Love your newest cross stitch, quilt and knitting! Glad you got a cushion to help with sitting!!!

Vicki W said...

Oh, I used to hate those kinds of "team Building" exercises. UGH. But glad you could at least get some stitching and knitting done. It's also good when we can be the listener because it means that we aren't going though that stress.

Cherie Moore said...

Wow, coloring as a team building, give me a break! At least you didn’t wast your da, getting both x-stitch annd knitting in. Love the cross stitch piece btw:). Glad you brought your cushion so you didn’t have a setback..

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you found a cushion that helps. That's a long day of sitting. Too bad the food was sub-par. It's hard to make bad desserts, especially for those of us who love that part of a meal.