Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Label done and working that nail gun

I got the label sewn on the baby quilt and it is now boxed up ready for shipping.
I decided to fire up the nail gun last night and work on installing the shelves in the entry to my bedroom. I'm no expert, but I know enough to be dangerous! LOL!!
First I nailed the pieces of wood to hold the shelf. Here I am on the second shelf.
I didn't have enough 1" x 1" so I found a square ruler in the garage and used that. It's going to get painted so no one will be the wiser.
I made sure the shelves fit and then added a piece to the front edge so the shelves look thicker than they actually were.
A little glue
then nail them on. The first shelf went fine, but I had the angle of the nail gun wrong for the top shelf and did this
So I fixed that and now they were ready for wood putty for the nail holes. Painting might happen tonight. After that I will caulk the gaps at the sides and the shelves will be done!  I still need to install the trim around the door and the baseboard. 
While I had the nail gun running, I decided to finally nail the baseboard that was ready. I hadn't nailed it up since I had to fix the gaps in the floor first. I did that the first week of January then my sciatica started acting up. I am so glad this part is finally done. I will need to caulk the gaps and put some wood putty in the nail holes.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a lot of nailing. I don't think I'd be brave enough to use a nail gun.

Vicki W said...

Jobs well done! I wish I could do home reno like you. Neither of us is good at it so we have to renovate by check.