Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Quilting progress, amaryllis flower, and fabric purchase

65% done with the quilting! Yeah! I ought to be putting on the binding this weekend!
Here is the first flower on the amaryllis. The flower is small compared to other ones I have had in the past. It is very pretty though. It looks like I will get another 4 or 5 flowers eventually.
I received my order from Hancock's of Paducah. I shop mostly the sales. That purple and black skull fabric was only $3.99 at yard! I bought 7 yards for backing one of the Harley quilts.

4 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Love the whale fabric! Nice that you’ll get so many blooms :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The Amaryllis flower will be bigger once it gets fully opened. I always hope most of the flowers will open at once because it is so showy that way. My red one didn't cooperate. Most of the original blooms are dying as the 3rd stalk of buds open.

Ann said...

I've used so much of my stash that I know I'll need to shop for any future quilts. Sales are great, especially for backs.

Vicki W said...

Great fabric bargains!