Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Two weeks before Xmas and I am scrambling!

I try every year not to get behind on things related to the holidays. This year I have some things in great shape and others I am running to catch up. One item I am running on is getting something together to gift a friend. We are meeting up this week and now I am scrambling! They will get a pint jar of taco seasoning plus the recipes. Then I decided last night to cut up another wall hanging and make a couple pouches in two different sizes. In this picture the navy and orange will be their gift. It's a start. I found a lavender zipper for the other pouch so I went ahead and sewed it together. This pouch is for someone else.
That took a big chunk of the evening along with cooking some dinner and doing a load of laundry. I then went on to stitch a back onto these two smalls. I will stuff them, add a ribbon so they can be tied on to something and add a little tassel to fancy them up a bit. They measure 2 3/4" square. I had cross stitched them earlier this past summer, but hadn't gotten around to finishing them.  Yes, they go with the other items I have been working on. 
This morning I had a few minutes and so I cut the iron-on fleece interfacing for the two project bags that I had cut out this past weekend. Now I just have to get them made!
I hope you all are in better shape than I am!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

When November starts it seems like a long way to Christmas and then all of a sudden it is the first week of December. I have the 2 I Spy quilts to finish and then maybe some small things.

Elaine M said...

You are a busy lady! The pouches look great, love the navy and orange. The other pouch looks like "cat" blocks on it. Enjoy your holidays.

Vicki W said...

I have 4 beach towels to dye and I think that's it!