Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Snow, rye bread, and card samplers

These days are going by too fast. I had a dentist appointment Monday morning, and it was a rough one. Had to have a crown removed to fix a cavity. The dentist had a heck of a time getting the old crown off. It's all good until I have an issue with the tooth again. There is not much left of the tooth and the next phase would have to be an implant. No more chewing caramels on the left side! LOL!! We did get about 2" of snow Monday night. I took a few pics of the trees in the backyard; they were so pretty.
I stopped at a quilt shop on my way back to work from the dentist. I need a spool of pink thread to alter a pair of pants for someone. They only carried quilting thread - not a spool of sewing thread on site! I did pick up this end of bolt for only $6.00 a yard.
My brother sent me two loaves of that rye bread from California. You can't believe the smell when I opened the box! Yum!
I did get the blue and the green card samplers done. The blue one is for someone who is a big Michigan fan and the green one is for someone who is an Indy car racing fan. Now I just need to get these trimmed and slipped into the cards.  I did include my signature skull; I stitched it over one!  
I think I will save the red ones for next year and try to make more throughout the year so I have a nice stock of them for sending.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is strange to have no sewing thread at a quilt shop. You aren't supposed to use quilting thread (the waxed kind) on a sewing machine so do they sew all of their quilts by hand I wonder.
The snow is so pretty. 54 degrees predicted here for Christmas and that storm missed us so December hasn't been white here.

Vicki W said...

I went to a quilt shop recently that had a very minimal selection of thread. I expect that it's expensive to carry that inventory and most people buy at Joann with coupons. My husband has been spending time in the dentist chair this week too. Also getting a new crown. I had to get a couple of implants several years ago when 2 root canals failed. They recommended something else first but when I asked the success rate (50/50) I said to just do the implant and get it over with. The whole thing was actually a piece of cake and I'm glad I did it. Looks cool in the annual xrays!