Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Progress on the boxy pouches, and tote bag done

There was no messing around when I got home from work. I first topstitched and finished one boxy pouch because I had tan thread on the machine and I needed to brush up on sewing together a boxy pouch. So here is the first one done.
I rethreaded the machine with black and proceeded to topstitch 18 pouches, sewed the halves together and trimed that seam.
Next I needed to press that seam open so tonight I can zig zag that seam down.
All 18 have been pressed.
I have two pouches set aside because they need matching thread so I will construct those last.
I also got the tote bag made. The quilt fits perfectly and it is ready to gift.
The quilt is a vintage top that came in a box of fabric I received years ago from someone. I finally quilted it 2022. I do love this quilt,
but after cleaning out closets I have determined I have too much stuff. This will be going to a friend who I had quilted a vintage top for and made a flannel quilt for her husband. She truly appreciates what I can do and I know will treasure it. This makes it just a little easier to let go although it is hard.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It is a lot easier to let go when you know the recipient admires your work and loves quilts.
The boxy pouches will go together fast with your production line sewing.

Vicki W said...

I love it when I can find a good home for some of my older quilts. I'm sure this one will be treasured by your friend!

Cherie Moore said...

It is hard to let go of old quilts, especially quirky ones that you love but aren't sure anyone else will. So glad your recipient will appreciate it!