Thursday, December 14, 2023

Fun afternoon and an emergency stocking

My friend arrived and we headed out to visit an antique mall. First we stopped for lunch at P F Chang's and then Target to take back the iron I bought on 11/21/23. I plugged the iron in, and it would not heat up. I had saved the box and my receipt so there were no issue taking it back and getting another one. I really like the iron so that is why I got another one. I again saved the box and receipt just in case!
We didn't buy anything at the antique mall. My friend was looking for a mirror and I just looked. We got back to my house and made a stocking for her new son-in-law.
We exchanged Xmas presents. She gave me some homemade cookies,
a beautiful canvas with lavender (I need to find a special place to hang it!)
and an amaryllis bulb that is wearing a Christmas sweater! How about that Wanda! Every amaryllis bulk needs a Christmas sweater!  LOL!!  It is one of those wax bulbs that don't need watering or anything. Now I will have to pick Wanda's brain on how to save the bulb once it flowers and the foliage dies back.
After my friend left about 6 P.M., I turned my attention to the project bags. I am using light gray thread on both so it makes the assembling quicker. The zippers are now top stitched
and I have all the pieces stacked ready for pinning and sewing. I am going to watch the video one more time to make sure I have everything in the correct order. I wrote the directions down, but I would feel better to watch the video one more time.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

None of my waxed Amaryllis bulbs came with a sweater! Bummer! How cute is that!
Only some of the waxed bulbs can be saved. It depends on how much of the root area they cut off to coat it in wax. My friend's daughter has hers blooming for the third year. Mine didn't have any roots so I couldn't save them. Enjoy watching it grow and bloom.

Vicki W said...

What a great visit!

Cherie Moore said...

A sweater on the Amaryllis bulb, how awesome ! Based on Wanda’s comment, here’s hoping there’s roots under that sweater;-)