Thursday, December 7, 2023

Pouch progress and emergency sewing

I got the seams zig zagged last evening.
I had to switch to the emergency sewing project. One of the ladies I work with has a elderly mother with Demetia. She has a favorite bathrobe and will not wear the new one. Her bathrobe needed multiple repairs. I have repaired it before. The fabric is in perfect shape; it is the thread that is detearating. The hem had mostly fallen out, the facing thread was completely gone, the piped edging was coming apart, the one sleeve seam was coming apart, etc.
I fixed everything and resewed every seam so it will not be coming apart any time soon. It took me two hours. I know her mom is unsettled without her robe in the evenings, so this way she will have been without it only one evening. I will get back to the pouches tonight to see how many I can get done so I can drop them off at the home office tomorrow.
I also gathered up some can goods for a food drive and packaged up the excess marigold and coneflower seeds to give to a guy at work for his chickens.

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Wow, Patty. You are one busy lady! I've been enjoying seeing all the different project you've been working on. Love how the various pouches and boxed bags are turning out. There are a lot of lucky people receiving very nice gifts from you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

How do you separate the coneflower seeds? I have never been successful at breaking up a cone.

Anonymous said...

Wow! With working full time you are amazing how much sewing you can accomplish! We should all do this! Take care as the flu is raging plus new Covid cases too. I live in northern Indians but been here in sunny but cool today for sure sunny Florida. I sew when I can and feel like it. I have just recouped from the flu, yes while at my daughter n son I laws. She works p t as a registered dietitian n him at home most days for the FAA. My hubs came too, but out golfing. I’ve got a Christmas apron cut out to sew. If I didn’t have sewing and some crafting,,, I don’t know what I’d do. Take care and Happy Holidays too. Nancy W.

Cherie Moore said...

You have a heart of GOLD!!!!!

Vicki W said...

Repairing that rob is probably one of the most meaningful things you have sewn. I know it meant the world to that woman's family! It's cool when we can use our super powers like that.