Friday, March 10, 2023

So glad it is Friday

I will have sewing progress for you on Monday. After I got home from work I took a walk around the yard and saw yellow. Yes, the daffodils think it is spring and you can see the yellow blooms. It is going to get into the 20's over the next four days and there is snow in the forecast. They are not going to be happy. These are next to the house so they get a lot more heat because the residual heat from the brick.
This week has been Women In Construction week. Believe it or not there is a national organization call WIC. I don't belong and never had a desire to belong to WIC, but at work they have done a few things to highlight women. We now have several female engineers and of course, all the admin staff is women. They had a luncheon for us yesterday and each of us received a Yeti tumbler custom printed on the back. A company saying we have is Great People. Proven Results. They changed that to Great Women. Proven Results. to put on the tumblers. I am kind of on the fence about that, but at this point - whatever! It is a nice tumbler.
I will run out to get the quilting thread I need for the Harley quilt, but other than that I plan on staying home this weekend and getting some stuff done. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

A lot of people have been showing daffodils in bloom on their blogs. It's always good to see signs of spring for hope for a gardening season coming soon.
Nice that your company takes the time and effort to support women in the workforce.

Vicki W said...

I'm with you about being on the fence about the events at your work. I think work events should build team and not celebrate one specific group. Imagine what would happen if they gave "Great Men. Great Results" to the men on International Men's Day of if there was a Men In Construction organization. Everyone would be in a uproar. I've never joined women's only groups, especially at work.