Friday, March 24, 2023

One crazy evening; TGIF!

First thing I needed to do when I got home was to gather up the boy baby quilts I had on hand. A lady at work asked for one that she could give as a present to a cousin for their first baby. Packed those up and loaded them in the car.
I started making a label for the quilt and the phone rang. My brother wanted to know if I was busy. Really? I'm always busy! LOL!! He needed a pouch for Michael's wireless guitar transformer and started to explain what he needed. I said I know what you need. I just made 40 for a rock star! He said he would like a prototype for Friday because the band, his son Michael, was having rehearsals and would like to try it out. Meanwhile, Michael showed up to try on his pants. He loved the jacket!
He tried on the pants and they fit really good. I only have to take in the waist a little bit. Whew! Most of my alterations were a wild ass guess so I was glad I guess pretty good! So then he said he would wait while I made one of the transmitter pouches. I had pulled the black duck cloth and the hook and loop tape and got to cutting and sewing.
As I was putting the thing together, he told me one issue that was different than the major rock star's has. Michael only has one channel to run the wireless off of and not multiple channels like the major rock star. Michael has to turn off the wireless whenever he switches guitars during a performance so he needed to be able to have easy access to the switch. I thought about it for a minute and got a scrap piece of ultrasuede to make the tab instead of using duck cloth. I could then cut a hole in the ultrasuede tab for the switch access. Now I am just waiting to hear from my brother if there are any changes needed before I make three more.
It was now 6:30 and Michael left with his jacket and the wireless pouch. About 45 minutes later his mom called. She said in a stern voice "I have two words for you." Ok, now I am scared. She said that jacket is "F**king awesome!" Whew! I turned and looked at my sewing table; it looked like a bomb had gone off! LOL!!
I finally finished the label,
texted my sister, and went to bed. Geeze! What an evening! This weekend is all about getting Michael's pants finished and making that drape for my other brother. Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Michael looks so happy! Well done, Auntie! I hope you have a great weekend.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's great that the pants alteration went well. The jacket looks great on him.

Robbie said...

I am WAY behind reading blogs but this first one of yours is SO interesting! You are awesome!!!

Pauline Michaud said...

Oh my goodness - who knew sewing could be so exciting! Love seeing all the projects, and love what you did with that jacket! Your nephew is very lucky to have such a great aunt!