Tuesday, March 28, 2023

More projects for the band, sampler progress

When I got home from work I went over to the neighbor's house. He had carpel tunnel surgery on Friday. He texted me and asked if I would wash his dishes, so I did. He is feeling better than the last time I was over there on Saturday. We talked a bit then I headed across the cul-de-sac to get some work done at my place. My brother had called me yesterday and he wants to recover this stool.
He sent me the measurements, so I got the pieces cut out. Michael wants to use the stool at the big show on Friday so I am going to make two covers. One cover will be out of fire-resistant fabric and my brother will staple it over the old cover. The other cover will be out of black duck cloth and have elastic, so it is removable. They can use the removable cover on Friday to make it look better for the show, then use the removable cover later to keep the new permanent cover clean when the stool gets piled into the trailer with all the other gear as we travel from show to show this summer.
My brother called me twice yesterday. The first time was to thank me for the wireless pouches. He said they work great and that he sent me pictures for the stool cover. Later on, he called again to tell me he was sending pictures for a cover they need for part of a keyboard. He wants to protect the wood so it doesn't get beat up in the trailer. The Harley quilt will just have to wait.
I haven't showed the sampler in a few days and I have made some progress! Here is where I was last time I posted and where I am now.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Well, that was short break from musical show projects. The sampler is looking good.

Vicki W said...

You are the best neighbor and aunt!