Monday, March 13, 2023

Vintage Buttons and road cases done.

I didn't push myself this weekend; I just worked at a nice pace and got a couple things done. I finished the Vintage Button small for my sister. I couldn't decide if I wanted to add some embroidery at the edges. I finally decided I would add some so I did that this morning before work. Here you can see the difference. It is subtle, but I am glad I added it.
I needed to get the road cases fixed for my nephew. I started on the easy one; easy because I could sew this on the machine. It was still a bit of a wrestling match though.
Here is the tear.
I took out the row of stitching next to the tear, tucked the fabric under the best I could, zigzagged it, then cut a piece of ultrasuede and stitched that to cover and catch the fabric. I think that ought to do the trick!
The other case had a torn pocket. This I had to do by hand, so I got out a curved needle, a pair of needle nose pliers, and some quilting thread.
That was hard work! After running three rows of backstitching, the pocket is now reattached. Not exactly beautiful, but it will keep the Ipad from falling out of the pocket.
I wound bobbins for the Harley quilt so I am all ready to start quilting it.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

Great repairs! So you "relaxed" a little this weekend? Good for you!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That little extra embroidery on the edge makes the little so special.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the extra embroidery finish’s it off nicely. I noticed that on the ones you did for me and appreciated the extra touch :)