Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Well that was dumb!

After work I had to go get my car e-checked. I waited until this week to do it since I am having to take another detour on my way home and the e-check place is not that far out of my way from that detour. Right now I have to take two detours on my way to and from work. It seems like the detours are moving around and this has been going on all summer. Some mornings I really have to think about what route to take to work! Anyway, in case you don't have e-check, it is where you have to get the emissions checked so you can get your license plate sticker; what a waste of time. I have to go every other year. The state runs the operation and they use to charge you over $20.00 to get the test done! I still pay by way of taxes, but at least I don't have to pay again at the test site. Oh, of course my car passed. Not all counties make you do this. What really bugs me is the trucks spewing black exhaust don't get e-checked. How does that make sense? Ok, enough of that.
Once I finally got home I needed to water the plants. It has been hot here - almost 90 everyday - and everything needed a drink. I also needed to water the neighbor's pots since they bake in the sun all day long. All of that took over an hour and even with a good, stiff wind I was sweating. I was working on getting some project bags ready for shipping and realized I did a dumb, bonehead move. Two of the bags were made with a directional print. One of them the print goes in the right direction, but for some dumb reason I didn't look twice and the other one the print was upside down. Ugh! I can't send that to someone! I didn't have enough of that same fabric to make another one so I had to find something else. I got started on cutting the pieces and I will sew it together tonight.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Out here in the boonies we don't have e-check on our cars. I know the busier areas do it.
One way prints...Double the thinking on every project.

Elle said...

My sister sent me a bag one time with a directional print upside down. You know what? The bag works just fine and we have something to chuckle about.

Send the bag!!!!

Vicki W said...

The new project bag will be even better than the original plan! I've got an itch to make more project bags but I don't have any need for them and I'm trying to make myself work on other projects first.