Thursday, September 16, 2021

The list just keeps getting longer

I am in demand! My to do list just keeps getting longer. I don't mind though; it makes me feel needed. After my sister saw the needlebooks I have been making, she asked me if I could make her a few to match some of the vinyl project bags I had made for her. I can do that! She liked the little pocket for scissors or her traveling cutter. She sent me pictures of some of her bags so I could see if I have matching fabric and the cutter for size.
Then I got a call from the person I made a cover for. His new 75 pound 8 month old puppy decided to alter the cover and not in a good way. LOL!!! This cutie has been destructive in more ways than one from what I was told.  It is in that phase.  I was asked to find tougher fabric to make another cover. He said the cover worked great and fit great.  He thinks the current cover is a total loss, but I can fix that! I don't know if he wants me to fix this one or not since he needs one with tougher fabric. I am on a mission today to find a tougher fabric for that project.
Elle, the project bag with the upside down fabric will still function, but after mulling it over I decided to go ahead and make a new bag. I also like to make a smaller 6' X 9" bag and a needlebook to match. I got a bit farther last night on these bags and finished the needlebook.
My shipping bags finally showed up, so Cherie your bag is going into the mail today. I had to bring in the garbage bin and the sky was so pretty.
I have a few flowers on my Shasta daisies after I have given the plants a haircut at the end of July when the first flowering was done. This was a surprise. I wasn't sure if they would bloom again or not.  There are more flower buds; they are just hard to see in this picture. 
Then I have this lavender plant that sprouted up. I am going to have to carefully dig it up and transplant it. It won't survive the winter because I know I would kill it when I shovel snow. Ugh! Snow shoveling; not looking forward to that.

3 comments:

barbara woods said...

maybe it want be to bad this winter

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I always wonder if I will get more blooms when I cut back my Dianthus and some years I do. Extra blooms are always a treat.

Vicki W said...

The puppy shaming photo is so cute. Hopefully they can get the puppy trained before you deliver the new cover.