Friday, September 3, 2021

It's Friday!

I had time to get a few more flannel 9-patch blocks sewn together between phone calls and weeding.
As soon as I got home I changed my clothes and headed out back to weed the Lenten Rose bed. What a mess!
An hour later, five 5 gallon buckets of weeds, and talking to my sister while I was weeding and this is what it now looks like - much better!
I pulled a few more thistle that I hadn't seen before in another bed. I got them pulled just before they were getting ready to open up and spew their seeds everywhere. Whew! 

My nephew called me to ask if I was working the show tomorrow night or if I was mad at him. He sends an email out a couple of days before each show with the location, times, etc. I was suppose to email him back and tell him I read the email and that I will be there, but I forgot to do that so he thought I was mad at him. We had a pretty good laugh. He was excited to tell me he got me a birthday present. I said that was so thoughtful, but my birthday isn't for a couple of months. He said I am getting it anyway so I am excited to see what it is. I thought about having a party this year since I am reaching a milestone, but with the pandemic - no way. I might have to do the Olympic plan and delay the big party for a year.

 I was asked to make chocolate chip cookies for the band since this is our last scheduled show for the season.  I am making pan banging chocolate chip cookies and since they are a large cookie it is going to take some time to make as many as I need for everyone. I am going to take a half day vacation today so I can get started on the cookies.  Other than working the show, I will be sewing blocks together and getting some more yard work done while the weather is nice. Have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The more flower beds we have the more weeds there are to pull, but we love our planned gardens, don't we?

Ann said...

Why is it that weeds grow so much faster than our flowers? I spend time almost every day pulling a bucket of weeds from our yard. If I ever forget, there’s an entire invasion.
So glad you’re making cookies for your early birthday party. Have fun!