Monday, September 13, 2021

Flannel blocks and lots of cross stitch

My neighbor is on vacation so another neighbor and I mowed their grass and our own grass Friday evening. After that I watered, so after two hours of that I was done for the evening. I was glad to have the mowing done so the rest of the weekend was for fun stuff! I got another 75 - 85 flannel blocks sewn together
Saturday I wanted to watch the Notre Dame game while stitching, but the game was on Peacock! Really? What the heck! After a conversation with my son I am going to breakdown and get rid of DISH and get the internet. He can hook me up with Hulu; he is allowed to give out his password to 5 people. I did spend most of Saturday doing cross stitch. I finish this small piece. I used some 28 count Lugana that I have had since the 80's and one strand of silk buttonhole twist over two threads. The Lugana is a light sage color although it looks tan in the picture.  I ran out of the black  buttonhole twist, so I used a 10 yard spool of a dark brown. I didn't have enough dark brown to stitch the 1889 so I used another brown. The difference in color is hard to see in the picture. I need to get some walnut shells to stuff it.
I then started a pincushion. I had bought a piece of 32 count gray linen and wanted to try it out. I am using Weeks Dyeworks Garnet.
I also worked on the pastel deer pillow top, but I will save that for my Tuesday posts. I watched the Browns lose to the KC Chiefs and called it a weekend.

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

If I remember right Lugana is a little easier to count than linen but still, 28 counts is small!

Kathy S. said...

Your cross stitch is PERFECTION! Nicely done, Patty!

Vicki W said...

If we had "real" internet here I'd drop Direct TV in a hot minute. Our internet (satellite) is good enough for what we use it for but not great for streaming TV.

swooze said...

Love your stitching. Do you have a connection to France?

Robbie said...

Love seeing all of what you're working on! Hope you did get some rest this weekend!!!

Kaja said...

Your cross stitch reminds me of work my mother did when I was young but that I haven't seen for years. There's something very dainty and appealing about both pieces.