Thursday, September 9, 2021

More 9 patch blocks and deer cross stitch progress

I did better last night and got a nice pile of blocks sewn.
To show you my progress getting these flannel 9 patch blocks stitched together, here is a picture of the piles when I started and where I am now
I finally finished stitching the black deer piece. The next step is to turn this into a pillow
I have gotten started on the second deer pillow top. I am using a varigated thread and it is much more interesting to stitch with than the black. The floss is varigated from pink to periwinkle.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It will be interesting to see how many quilts you get out of all of those 9 patch blocks.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I like the deer x-stitch in black a lot. It will be fun to see how it looks in the variegated floss. You have to work full x's with variegated floss to get the effect, right? I often times work one cross down a row and then come back with the top cross...I wonder if I'd remember not to do that, lol.

Vicki W said...

The deer piece is very nice. Are you making them for someone?

Robbie said...

Love,love the deer pillows!!! Beautiful workmanship!

swooze said...

Wow what great progress!