Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Busy evening

The weather was beautiful when I got home from work I wanted to be outside for a while. I hauled the hose around the yard and gave most of the plants a drink. I noticed a couple of my Shasta daisy plants look dead, but that's ok I have lots of them. They died from lack of water. Oops! There were lots of bees on the lavender and the marigolds which I liked seeing. The Calafornia poppies are all filled back in and blooming after I cleaned the old stuff out a few weeks ago. They never disappoint.
I roasted some broccli for lunches, speed watched Monday's night's Voice (I fast forward the singer's sob stories, the coaches banter, and commercials), and took out the hems in the sleeves that I had cut off for the t-shirt quilt.
The more I look at this quilt the more I think I will be needing to add a border at the top and bottom to get the lenght I want. Between the sleeves, the backs of the gray and white t-shirts, the leftover bits from the basketball jersey and camo bibs, I think I have enough to make the borders.

2 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

Wow, using every scrap!!!

Linda Garcia said...

I pick up t-shirts at the thrift store to use for filler blocks or what ever I need when making t-shirt quilts. Maybe an idea if you need more raw material for this quilt.