Thursday, September 2, 2021

Flannel blocks, mowing, and more flannel!

The weather has finally cooled off a bit so as soon as I got home from work I attacked the back yard. I trimmed until I ran both batteries out then I mowed. Oh, it looks so much better even though I have a lot more trimming to do. There was a nice stiff breeze which made me have enough energy to get all the mowing in the back done. After an hour and a half I called it quits and headed indoors to sew some flannel blocks together. Here are the blocks that I got sewn together last night.
There was a box delivered yesterday from one of my blog readers, Cherie. She sent me some flannel. Isn't that checkered flannel cute?
There was also some eyelet by the yard, a piece of denim, a vintage looking piece of cotton, and these two pieces that in return for the fabric I will make her a vinyl project pouch. I will get that made over the Labor Day weekend.

4 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

I love how these blocks are turning out! Those flannels are really nice. Isn't it lovely to get some cooler weather? It's been a bit cooler out here too, and we've finally been getting a bit of rain as it's been very dry out here this summer. Can't wait to see the quilts to be made out of these flannel blocks.

Kathy S. said...

YES! I love this kind of weather. It is perfect for getting projects done outside and walks. What an awesome friend to drop off some fun fabrics for you to play with. Have a great holiday weekend!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Yay, the box traveled fast…it wasn’t mailed until Tuesday. Glad you had cooler weather to mow and trim. I love the change of seasons :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Those 9 patches are going to be fun when you get to the design wall. I'm glad the cooler weather got to you to. It's cool enough to mow but the front yard is just crunchy and brown. I could mow the back yard but it's not in dire need.