Tuesday, September 14, 2021

A new project and cross stitch progress

Last night I had a suprise visit from my nephew who has the band. He was on my side of town to buy an bass amp. He brought it to me so I could make a cover for it.
He brought the cover I had made for another one of his amps so I could make the new cover the same way except for one minor change. He wants a zippered pocket for the cords, picks, and tuner. That will be easy enough. I used the car cover fabric, put a layer of batting, then backed it with flannel and quilted the pieces before I sewed the cover together.
We use to have to bring our own PA system to some gigs. Several years ago after we got caught in a horrible storm, my brother wanted me to make covers for the PA speakers. I made one, but shortly after that we were not booking any gigs where we had to furnish the PA system. Michael brought me the one cover I made for the PA speakers to cut up and use the fabric for his new bass amp. No sense in wasting all that fabric! I figure this will be a project for this weekend.
I made great progress on the pastel deer pillow cover. This is so much more enjoyable to stitch than the black one was. I was so bored stitching black thread. Here is where I was on 9/9/2021 and where I am today.
Here is a close up so you can see the color better. I am using one strand folded in half so the colors blend most of the time, but there are times where I get just pink stitches or just lavender/periwinkle stitches.

5 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Lots to keep you busy! I love how the colours of the cross stitching look with the varigated thread. It sure is lovely!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I like using variegated yarn when knitting dishcloths too. Plain color is so boring.

Vicki W said...

That should be an easy weekend project!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Love seeing the variegation on the deer project.

Ann said...

You make the most amazing band stuff. I like the welted insert for the handle.
Good luck with your cross stitch.