Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A busy holiday weekend

It was a busy four days. Friday I took a half day of vacation so on my way home I stopped at a veggie stand/garden center and got a bag of peaches, stopped at the library, a cross stitch shop. When I got home I started on making some vinyl project bags. I finished those up on Sunday. I made some smaller bags that can be used to keep packs of needles or your scissors in and needle books. Now I just have to find some mailing envelopes that are big enough so I can get these in the mail.
Saturday the band had a gig so I made cookies. This time I made Pan banging chocolate chip cookies. These are big cookies and I can only bake 5 at a time so it took over 4 hours to get 4 batches of dough baked. Everyone liked them. This picture is just part of the ones I made. I ended up with 46 so that everyone got 3 cookies.
The gig went pretty good although it did lightly rain on us during the show and when we were loading out. I had a great view of the stage.
Here is some of the early crowd before the show
The merch booth
Right next to the merch booth was this cool area of stacked rocks. I would sit and watch the show from here when I didn't have any customers and it wasn't raining.
By the time we packed up, drove back to my brother's house, unloaded the trailer and van, and I drove home, I got to bed at 1 a.m.  On Sunday it was nice and sunny out so my brother, SIL, and Michel had to lay all of the equipment that got damp in the driveway so it could dry out.
Monday I finally had time and the energy to stitch 9 patch flannel blocks together. Here is what I got done before I had to mow and trim.  I also had to drag out the hose so I could water my neighbor's flower pots.  I am so glad I have a really long hose!

7 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Looks like you had another very productive weekend. I can't believe it's September already. Those cookies look amazing. Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve this week.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You end up with a lot of variety in your weekends. The cookies look good and I'm sure they really appreciate all of your baking.

Vicki W said...

OMG, those cookies are gigantic! They look delicious. I love the project bag sets. They are going to be very useful for the recipients. You had to go back to work to get some rest!

Ann said...

Your vinyl bags look great. I’m always nervous to,sew on vinyl. Too afraid it will rip out. Do you lengthen the stitches?
Glad your weekend went well.

Robbie said...

The vinyl project bags are cool!!!! You are one talented lady!! Cookies look SO good!!! Hope your inner battery never dies! We love seeing all you do!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Oh my, the project bags are wonderful!!! And those cookies, they are huge! Why are they called Pan banging cookies?

Kaja said...

Your weekends are never boring. I half thought you were going to say you'd loaded those big stones into the car for your garden! Flannel seems like a nice fabric to be working with as we head into autumn.