Monday, March 30, 2020

Harley quilt and the floor

I was tired of looking at the Harley quilt hanging on the design wall so I decided to start sewing it together. I have to add the top and bottom rows yet. This quilt is for a poker run fundraiser which probably won't happen unless the pandemic ends this summer.

I needed a printer for my at home office and I happen to have one in the garage that I saved from being recycled. It has been sitting in the garage for at least 4 or 5 years. It was heavier than I remember! I ended up taking out the paper trays to try and make it a bit lighter. It is also big and it was hard to get my arms around it. I got out my wheelie cart to help move it.

I managed to get it up on a little table, plugged it in and it fired up! I even have an extra print cartridge! I didn't have the right cable so my laptop could communicate with the printer. My son helped me figure out what I needed. I ordered it from an ebay seller in Indiana so hopefully it comes quick.
I finished up the last detail in the laundry room. I needed to replace the quarter round at the foundation ledge. All installed, caulked and painted.

I did get started on the floor in the laundry/utility room. The box says easy to install - yeah right! Its easy if you have help, a flat floor, and don't have a washer and dryer to work around! I had to throw down some patch to try and level the floor at one end of the room.
After getting some of the floor installed I realized the floor still wasn't quite level so I am going to need more patch. I put in an order at HD, but I will have to pick it up. I plan on taking my disinfectant spray and go as soon as they open. I will have to wait for a text to tell me my order is ready. At least I will be spending less time by not having to go threw the entire store to get what I need. It was a hard job crawling on the floor and I had to prop up the laundry tub to get the flooring under the legs. Here is what it looks like now.

We got a lot of rain on Saturday. Here is just one of the many storms that rolled thru.
One of the storms dropped hail! Gosh it was loud as it hit the roof. Here is some that landed in the flower bed.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

You sure did work hard this weekend! Kudos on saving the printer.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad we didn't get hail here with my new roof in place.

Kaja said...

I'm glad to see you are safe, though if you are not careful you may need to worry more about accidents with heavy printers than anything else! I guess your Harley quilt will do for another year if they don't use it this time.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

We were predicted to get that storm but then it went south of us. Guess it came your way. The floor is looking good. I can only imagine what you will tackle next. Terry has some kind of bug. What was going around before Corona hit I think. It's a worry though. Gosh that printer IS old and it's amazing that it works well after sitting so long. I think somewhere I worked had one very similar to it. So many events are being cancelled. Notre Dame will have a video commencement. They news is talking about how the cancellation will effect so many businesses here...mostly predicting closes that may not reopen. That is sad.

Stay safe and well.
xx, Carol

Ann said...

If the fundraiser doesn't happen this year, you will have it ready for next year. Not a bad thing.
We had hail here, too, but it's warming up again. I've been worried about the weather. A tornado or earthquake on top of the pandemic would be crushing. Good luck with the floor patching and the printer.