Monday, March 16, 2020

A little sewing, a little painting

On the sewing side I did get the binding sewn together. It still needs pressed, but I had a busy weekend and that is all the time I had to spend at the machine.
Saturday I worked in the laundry/utility room all day. I got the ceiling painted and a second coat on the walls. Here is what this wall looked like before
Here it is now. Much better if I do say so myself!
Here is a shot of the room before I started. You can see I had one cabinet door that wasn't installed. I tried, but the hinges would not snap into place.
One of my brothers stopped over to borrow my wallpapering tools and he hung the door for me! Now it looks like I am getting somewhere! I also got some of the wire shelves hung back up.
So what is left to do in this room besides the floor? The window over the washer and dryer and paint the wall behind the dryer. I will have to replace a piece of the drywall above the window that is damaged, but that should not be a problem. The hardest part will be pulling out the washer and dryer so I can work.
Sunday I spent most of the day cleaning partly due to the fact that I have misplaced my utility bill. I was hoping that with cleaning up I would find it, but so far that hasn't happened.


Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are getting a lot done!! I too have misplaced a piece of mail. I misplaced it before I read it. It is from the investment company that cares for one of our retirement funds. I'm guessing it wasn't too important.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

That's a lot accomplished!