Thursday, March 26, 2020

3rd finish for 2020 and window progress

Yes I finally got the t-shirt quilt done! I also got my copper pipe for taking pictures back up. The picture is a bit shadowy, but it is the best I can do for now.
I worked on the laundry/utility room window yesterday after work. Here is the before and after. I still need to touch up the paint and install the screens after I wash them.

It was 59 degrees yesterday so I went out and did a bit of yard clean up. I need to cut back my ornamental grass. I got two cut down and a lot of the debris cleaned up. I plan on doing a bit every day. With the warm temperatures these will be starting to shoot up new leaves soon.
My daffodils are starting to bloom especially the ones next to the house where it is warmer because of the brick. The second picture is what I see out my studio window.
My Lenten Roses are in bloom. I have white, green, and pink ones.
I ran into a problem with the sewing room window. The wall is proud of the extension jam in the lower left corner. I found some wood in the garage and it was a battle trying to make a filler piece. I have the horizontal piece installed. I am not thrilled with it; I think it could look better. Unfortunately, I do not have a table saw which is the best way to make the filler strip. I will mull on it a bit before I go any further. Here you can see the strip I installed
Then this is what happens when you get tired and don't pay attention to the direction the brad nailer is aimed.
I got the nail pulled out and will have to fix the booboo with some sanding, wood filler, and paint. Easy to fix; just a stupid mistake.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt and window turned out great and I'm sure the sewing room one will turn out just right too.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

I’ve done that with the nailer before. Tackling windows is higher level for sure. Congrats on your finish.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

wow, you are lucky that nail stuck in wood and not YOU!! Your woodworking is moving along nicely. The Quilt looks great too. We have a LOT of ornamental grasses too that need to be cut. Terry usually does it but I'm not sure he is able to do it anymore. Guess that will be on MY list this year. Your other plants are ahead of mine. My spring flowers are just starting to poke out of the ground. 3 days of rain heading our way.
Stay well.
xx, Carol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The quilt looks great! I'm sure the recipient will love it.

Blooms already? I know Lenten Roses are one of the first to bloom. I should probably get out and rake off the area where the Brunnera is because it blooms early too.