Wednesday, March 4, 2020

a bit of quilting

I had a busy evening again. Had to go to my brother's to meet my son and DIL to load a truck with furniture my brother is not taking with him when he moves. I was up early enough this morning to get the rest of this jersey quilted which gets me to 88% done with the quilting.
I got started on the next shirt too. There is a lot of detail stitching on such a small shirt! What I have done so far is quilt around the rings and leaves.

It had rained on and off most of the day yesterday so we were lucky that the sun had come out when we were moving the furniture. About 7:30 - 8 it started raining. The blue dot is where I am located. You can see that this was the radar at 8 p.m.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are making great progress on the quilt. Yesterday was just cold. Today we have rain/snow mix. BUT the weekend is supposed to be in the high 50s. Hopefully we will get some of the garage sorted and cleared.
xx, Carol

barbara woods said...

Like us you may float away

Pauline Michaud said...

It must feel good to be nearing the end of looking after another house and help with a move. That's a lot of work. I started unloading fabrics into my new quilt station and I'm thrilled. Those drawers hold a LOT of fabric each and I actually think I'll be able to get all my fabric in there, or pretty darn close to it! It's so amazingly wonderful to just open a drawer and see all the fabric at a glance. I've taken my time and refolded all my fabric so that it stands on its side in there, and makes it easy to access without having to move fabric off or hold other fabric steady when it's piled up on a shelf. I'm extremely happy for the opportunity I've had to really think about how I wanted to store my fabric, and better yet, to have the room to do it in this house. I'm starting to see the light at the end of a long tunnel and it feels good. Thanks for sharing your progress!