Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Take you finger off the submit order button

I received an sale email from Hancock's of Paducah yesterday. I am going to need backing for all these baby quilts I am making so I found some yardage that would be perfect. Wait, I am trying to not buy fabric so I decided to dig thru my stash to see what might work for backings.

I am not crazy about this light sage green fabric, but I have enough to back 4 baby quilts.

I have enough of this Dear Stella print for three backs

There is enough of this green fabric with orange pears for one back

This orange fabric with the green pears is enough for two backs

This wavy olive, cream, and navy fabric would make one back

I could get 2 backs out of this green and navy print

Then I have some African fabric yardage that I got from my friend who I have been helping pack up items for her yard sale. There is enough of this large print for 2 backs

and enough for 8 back out of this print.

I don't really like dark backs, but I need to step away from the submit order button and just use what I have.

Look what I saw is growing! I was surprised to see two more yellow squash!

I did manage to get the battery out of the mower; there were no instructions for that. I didn't realize there was an indicator light so you could check how much power you still had. I was surprised I still had two lights out of the four! You can see this is a big battery - about 8" x 5" x 4" - I am guessing I didn't measure it. Since my grass was very long and that takes extra power to mow thru, I was surprised how much juice I had left.

This morning at work I brought the items I needed to make a couple of fruit fly traps. The fruit flies are driving me crazy. I have already caught several!

Lastly, I don't know what I did, but my right knee started hurting yesterday. Don't be asking me to do any squats today! This morning it dawned on me that I should have rubbed Zam-Buk on it last night before I went to bed. I did rub it on my knee this morning and I can bend my knee easier already. Greatest stuff ever! I also rubbed it on a mosquito bit while I was at it. My brother brought this back from South Africa. The Tiny 7 gram tin says "A hospital in your pocket". I don't think it would fix a broken leg, but for rashes, bites, sunburn, and sore muscles it is great stuff!

7 comments:

Donnie said...

Nice collection of fabrics and a good reminder to all of us to use some of our own oldies.

Frog Quilter said...

Can I get some hand off the submit button training lol. I too am shopping from my stash and there is a lot of it. Beautiful backs in your stash. Maybe we should shop each other’s fabrics...

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

One thing I remember about having a garden is those danged flies..so small they come through our screens. We see a few now and then but I think the hanging things I have that are for flying bugs keeps the count down. Bugs and critters are a never ending battle here.
xx, Carol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes you have some backings! Dark backings are great if the parents are going to use them for floor bats for baby tummy time and later for play time.

Ann said...

Backs are especially good to get from your stash. You have loads. I have quite a few, too, and we both need to use our current resources so we can purchase new stuff with an easy mind.

Kaja said...

Well done for digging in your stash- it proved to be very fruitful.

abelian said...

Loved the slogan on the Zam-Buk: "The Real Makoya". I grew up hearing "The real McCoy"!

Dot