Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Busy crazy times

I was busy the last four days. What I did get done was
1. the top for the flannel quilt. I also got the binding cut, sewn, and pressed
2. worked the merchandise booth for my nephew's band on Saturday. It was a beautiful place and the flowers were lovely. We got to eat at the Inn's buffet, which was delicious, and the two black and white quilts were part of the décor. The show was in a big tent and the lighting was pretty. I didn't get to bed until 1:45 a.m. on Sunday so it took me awhile to get going on Sunday.
3. I went ahead and finished sewing the strip sets together for the 16 patch blocks.
4. My order from Missouri Star Quilt Company came. I bought more Kona solids because they a. sent me a $10 off coupon, b. got free shipping, c. had $6.74 in store credit, d. no sales tax, e. the fabric was on sale. I washed the fabric and then cut strips I needed for the remaining 2 1/2" strips I still had hanging on the design wall.
5. I did get two wheelbarrows of weeds pulled, but there are a lot more that need pulled.
6. I was asked at work to help out on another job so I will be working part time for the hospital job and part time for the Civil Division. For the Civil Div. they are replacing several on and off ramps and replacing a 4 lane road. I have never worked for the Civil Division so this is all new to me. It hit me all of a sudden Thursday afternoon I need to pack all my stuff up at my cubical at the home office and load up the car, because I needed to be at the job site double wide trainer for the Civil jobs this morning! I was packing and tossing crap like crazy! The Civil job and the hospital job are only a mile from each other so that makes it easy with no extra traveling! So far it is very different. Lots of yelling! Yikes! There is a lot of pressure on this job so tempers flair. As long as they don't yell at me it will be fine! LOL!!

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I like how the red in the 9-patches stand out. You're right -- cool lighting for the gig. I like the black and white quilts.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You had a very productive long weekend. I hope the new add on job won't be stressful. How many extra hours a week will you work?

Vicki W said...

I love the look of the flannel quilt. Does it have a target home yet? The new job certainly does have a lot of yellin7! 😀