Monday, September 9, 2019

13th finish of 2019

The weekend flew by as I was so busy. Let's start with the finish. Sunday I went and did my grocery shopping, did dishes, and at 10 a.m. finally sat down to work on the flannel quilt. I had gotten 40% of the quilting done Friday night. I got it finished between 4 and 5, binding and all! I am glad it is done!

Tonight is label making and sewing night. I need to get the label on the flannel quilt and these four baby quilts as I plan on delivering them all tomorrow.

I gathered up everything I will need to make the labels.

Saturday I went to my girlfriend's house to help again with getting ready for a yard sale of her quilt tops, blocks, and fabrics. We worked for 6 or 7 hours and got a lot done! Look at the blocks in this quilt. I had never seen this design. It was beautifully pieced.

I had taken her an extra table I had and gave her homework to straighten out the garage so next time I go down we can start setting up for the sale. I tried not to come home with anything, but we found a bag of really cool vintage fabrics that will make fun baby quilts. There was also an odd sized piece of flannel and a couple pieces of vintage white fabric that came home with me.


I never had time to get my new mower unpacked.

Amelia Quilter - you are a no reply so to answer your question I use my Pfaff 1475 home machine to quilt and I am the quilt stitch regulator. LOL!! I free motion stitched the meander. I have a nice setup with my machine at the same level as the tables surrounding it so it is easy to support the quilt and move it around. Sometimes with bigger quilts it is a challenge to quilt the middle of a quilt, but I take my time and manage to stuff all the quilt thru the throat of the machine and get 'er done!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a lot of quilts to deliver all at once. It's a good thing you are so productive.

Vicki W said...

Thr quilt turned out great!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great quilts. Thanks for answering Amelia's question here. I am seriously thinking of setting up a machine to learn FMQ. We'll see what the winter brings. My life needs to slow down...very much....to be able to focus on that task.
xx, Carol