Wednesday, September 25, 2019

I was wrong

I thought I would get home from work and get some sewing done; I was wrong. This is what my evening consisted of:
* made fresh veggie/fruit juice in my juicer
* made a pot of beef vegetable soup. I already had cooked the beef and had the stock from that.
* while I was making the soup I did dishes and straightened up the fridge.
* an hour and a half later I sat down to get a bite to eat
* went outside and watered the squash and lavender; things are dry. We haven't' had much rain lately.
* threw clothes in the washer
* cleaned the bathroom
*gathered up recycling
* changed the furnace filter which wasn't easy. The darn filter would not come out and I had to rip it out. It was fully destroyed by the time I got the thing out.

After all that I was toast. Maybe some sewing will happen tonight.

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Let me tell you, even being retired, those mundane tasks zap my day too.
xx, Carol

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

All of those little things take a lot of time. I know sewing sounds like more fun though.

Kaja said...

No sewing but you got a lot of chores out of the way.