Monday, September 23, 2019

Got some stuff done

I spent some time sewing and cleaning the car this weekend. I got new windshield wipers - mine were awful, still the original equipment but less than 2 years old. I cleaned the inside and outside of the windshield and put a coat of Rainex (sp?) to help shed the water. Now I need some rain to see the difference. We have had a little rain today, but I haven't been driving when it was raining.

I got this pile of blocks sewn together. I think there is around 70 or 80 blocks.

I did get all the rest of the strips cut and they are staged and ready for sewing together.

I added a few more blocks to the quilt I have on the design wall.

I am going to end up with enough blocks for 6 and 2/3 baby quilts. You know I will make a few more blocks to get that 7th quilt

I did have a bit of color in the front flower bed. Some of the California poppy seed I threw down has grown and is blooming. Just don't look at the weeds in the background! It was too hot and humid to do yardwork this weekend. It was all I could do to clean the windshield and vacuum out the car.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a lot of progress!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Those are pretty little flowers! My asters are turning brown and the only flowers left in the garden are the rose of Sharon. I don't remember them ever blooming as late as they did this year. You have been busy making blocks. I got my machine back from the fixer and have been able to start quilting the two quilts I have for my great grands plus I stitched a crochet blanket. Carpal Tunnel surgery in a few days on Thursday. I wonder how long, if any, it will limit my sewing. I am optimistic!
xx, Carol