Monday, September 16, 2019

16 patches continue

I sewed together the blocks that I had staged next to the sewing machine and ended up with 56 blocks. Here is a few of them on the design wall and the pile that will continue to grow.

I decided next I needed to sew together the strips remaining on the other design wall
Sewed them in to strip sets then sliced them for 16 patch blocks. There are 53 ready to sew.

I still have this stack of strips that need sliced for blocks. There is enough here for 78 blocks if I figured correctly.

So all together I will end up with 187 blocks. With 30 blocks in a baby quilt, I will have enough for 6 baby quilts with a few blocks left over.

I went out last evening to pick a zucchini and a yellow squash
and a doe and her fawn were in the backyard. Momma kept a close eye on me.

Looks like I am going to get one more yellow squash. This would be number 4. I have harvested a total of two zucchini.

Saturday my nephew had a show in Lorain at the Palace Theater. We have played here before. He opened for a David Bowie tribute band. We had good sales and it kept me busy up until the headliner started playing. We left the booth set up and had a few more sales was people were leaving. Here is the kids during sound check

and the lobby ceiling. The theater was build in 1928

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great sewing going on at your place. Yay, you have squash! What a lovely auditorium. South Bend and Elkhart Indiana have done a great job of renovating their auditoriums. I love it when cities renovate old buildings rather than bulldog and rebuild.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

Wow! Six more baby quilts!

Ann said...

Scraps like these make perfect baby quilts and use up these leftovers. I love looking at the detailing in old theaters and am slightly saddened when they remodel - even when I know it’s necessary for safety.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's the most fun way to make a batch of quilts, doing all of the blocks and choosing each batch from it. I may follow your lead and make a few baby quilts instead of one larger quilt.

Love that ceiling in the old building.

Janice Holton said...

Oh my goodness! How do you do it? I would get bored sewing so many of the same thing over and over and over. That theatre ceiling is GORGEOUS!! I love the 20's. :)