Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Better than nothing

It was a long day yesterday and I was tired when I got home. Now that I know there is a microwave and fridge at the trailer - I had been told the Civil Division operated bare bones and a microwave and fridge were not part of their jobs - I needed to cook something for meals. I cut up the squash I picked last week and cooked mixing it with lo mien noodles, eggs, and soy sauce. I have some salmon that I will throw in too.

After all that I only managed to iron the flannel for the backing for that quilt top. I could of easily sat down and did nothing, but I am glad I went ahead and ironed the backing.

I know tonight I will get home at a decent time so I will sew the backing pieces together, press that seam, and get started on pin basting the quilt.

I did go out and check my sad lookin squash plants. The yellow one is still growing

and I saw another zucchini!

With those two I can count on one hand the number of squash I have gotten this year - 5. LOL!! Looks like the plants are doing there best under the circumstances of growing in acid soil.

2 comments:

barbara woods said...

Yesterday was lean here to just cut and pinned!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We have had a lack of bees to pollinate the late blooms of the tomato plants, all kinds of bees, not just honey bees. I had dozens of tomato blooms and they just dried up after awhile. I wonder if you have the same problem. I have heard of paint brush pollinating that some people do, may have to look into it.