Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Using up pieces and parts

Since it was raining, I stayed inside and played around with the leftover bits I had from the 16 patch quilt.

I started matching up like pieces to see what I had. Mostly I had just two pieces alike so I started laying them out for a baby quilt. Here is the first top ready for sewing.

I have lots more paired up on the other half of the design wall. If I had three matching pieces I started laying them out for another baby quilt. Those 9 patch blocks are surrounded by the pairs. I need more design wall! LOL!!

Here are the pieces I still have to pair up.
I was thinking I would have enough of these left over bits for 4 or 5 quilts including the strips hanging on another design wall. I need to cut those Kona solids I bought about a month ago, pair them up with these prints, and slice them into units. I may end up with more than 5 baby quilts from all of this!
I got a real surprise when I got home from work. First thing I do is check out my plants. That pot I showed yesterday with two squash
well I found four plants coming up!

And then I found a sprouted squash in the pot with the dianthus seeds! Too funny! I have no idea how that happened!

3 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your scrap pieces sure work well together. It's always a thrill to see plants pop up from the seeds you plant.
xx, Carol

Ann said...

Isn't it a treat to get baby quilts from the scraps and leftovers? These are so colorful and happy. Good choice. How delightful to see your plants sprouting. I think all but one of mine are dead.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's always fun to play with the pieces and parts. you will have a whole series of quilts from that box plus strips on the wall and solids.