Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Play time

I decided to get out the charm packs I have and play with them. These charm packs were all freebees. I first sorted them by brand as the sizes vary between brands from 4 7/8" square to 5 1/8" square.
The first two packs did not have many fabrics and until I stuck them on the design wall I had no idea what fabrics were in them. Not a cohesive group for sure! I will have to cut some squares from the peach/orange fabric and aqua fabric I recently bought to add to this. The other pieces I will working them into something.

I set those aside and grabbed another pack of squares. They were a tone on tone in lots of colors.
I looked for a dark print for the alternating squares and found this dark teal with text. With a bright colored binding and some variegated thread for quilting, I think this will make a cute baby quilt.

I used all the pieces in that pack except four which two were brown and two were cream.

My plants are still doing good. I am not sure but I think I spotted two sprouts of Bok Choy already. They all got a drink of water last night from the rain so maybe I will have more to see tonight after work. After two cool nights they need some warmth. It is forecasted to up to 78 today so that will be good for them.

4 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I have misc. charm packs stashed here and there. I haven't figured out what to do with them yet. Most of them I won, so they weren't something that I personally picked. Someday... Glad to see yours are getting a home.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

We got rain overnight too. Just right amount, no heavy downpours. Hot here today too with a little more rain this afternoon.

Vicki W said...

That will be a really cute baby quilt. I hope we don't get rain here until I've emptied 3 more truckloads of mulch.... hopefully by Monday.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We are having thunder boomers and rain now. You need to stop sending all your water down to us, y’all hear! We have enough!

Love the way that teal made those colors pop. I would never have chosen it. You showed me something today.