Monday, June 10, 2019

Tops sewn, plants a growin', music rockin'

I got the two baby quilts tops sewn together between everything that was going on this weekend. The teal top is 35.5" x 48"
The other top turned out 36" X 44"

Friday evening I was out mowing the grass when a neighbor came over and asked if I had a chain saw. I let him borrow my little electric chain saw and he dumped the brush in the woods behind my house. He then said that since we had the chain saw out he would get on the roof of my garage and cut back the neighbor's trees that were hanging close to my garage. The trees were loaded with vines which made them a bit harder to trim. I was awfully tired at this point, but I was grateful for the help. I climb up on the roof two years ago and cut what I could sitting down and using a pair of loppers. A good job done! Here is the before and after.

I also took the liberty to track the source of the vines and cut them so they will no longer grow any further into the trees.

Saturday morning I worked in the yard for three hours - transplanting, edging the front yard, and pulling weeds. I got the Shasta daisies transplanted and the front bed is looking better. The transplanted daisies were looking a bit droopy so I watered them a lot. They will bounce back.
The daisies looked better this morning as I gave them a quick glance as I headed to work. We are forecasted to get some rain which would be good for them.

My squash plants are continuing to do well. I need to get the planting bed ready; I think they could go into the bed this weekend.

The bok choy is doing well.

and I have three more squash plants breaking ground!

After I finally called it quit after three hours. I needed to rest a bit and get ready to head over to my brother's house for a show that evening. The band played in Kent. The load in and out were easy and the weather was nice! We had a good crowd and I sold more merchandise this year than I did last year at this event.
Set list
Lastly I had this fellow that visited me. He was hard to see because I was the same color as the dirt!

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am in the process of making our landscaping maintenance free. I wish I had accomplished more in the past few years because as I age it gets harder. Also our weather is changing in Northern Indiana. We used to be able to actually go to the beach at Like Michigan in April. Now we are lucky if we have warm sunny weather more than two days in a row, followed by at least 4 rainy days. We have a pond in our back yard. The toads come from who knows were to mate there. Between them and the frogs we are serenaded all night long.
xx, Carol

Vicki W said...

We've been having monsoon rains here so I've only gotten one more load of mulch done. I'm hoping for better outdoor time this week.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Those quilts are great! I love how they look, so simple, yet so amazingly together. The house is looking great. And you will certainly have a lot of squash and bok choy. So.....what does that make?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad it wasn't you up on the roof with a chain saw! I have a vine that grows on one of my trees too and you have to cut it down low to make sure it doesn't come right back.