Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Pink issues

This quilt has found a home.

Now all I have to do is quilt, bind, label, and ship it. I went digging for some pink fabric to match the solid pink and of course I had nothing even close.

Then fabric for the back - well, I thought I had a piece that would work, but there is no pink in it - just coral. Ugh!!!
You would think with the stash I have I wouldn't run into such issues. I am only fretting about this because it is for a friend of one of my SILs and I want it to be more matched to that pink solid fabric. I order three different pinks for the binding so I hope one of them is close. I also ordered a piece of pink and white for the backing that I hope will look good. It was on sale so not too painful to the pocketbook. So finishing this project will have to wait until my order comes.

My plants are doing good.

Saturday there was a doe and her fawn in the back yard. The fawn is 3 - 4 weeks old.

I spent most of my evening doing dishes and cooking food for meals for the next couple of days. I was tired after three weeks of eating roasted broccoli and cauliflower so I thawed out some spinach and made creamed spinach with parmesan cheese. I also made salmon patties. I have enough for at least 4 meals.

The baby Canada goose at work are starting to look like their parents now. They sure grow fast.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

It's good that you had that top ready! There's no way I'd have a pink to match anything in my stash.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Pink is as hard as purple to match colors to. I don't think I have much pink in my stash. I have never liked pink much. Here's probably why. When I was in my early teens my mother bought me a pair of bright pink tennis shoes and MADE me wear them. (I had a VERY disturbing childhood). Anyway, the first time I went outside wearing them, the boys across the street yelled "Look at her SHOES". I bet that's why I don't like pink much. With all the building going on in this area with retention ponds, plus having a river run though the entire area we have our share of Canadian Geese too.
xx, Carol